about 4 years ago
AWS DeepLens provides a great opportunity to learn new technologies, such as deep learning and Internet of Things (IoT), as well as to build innovative systems that can solve real-world problems.
Our very own, Guy Ernest, wrote AWS DeepLens Extensions: Build Your Own Project that will help with the following:
- Train a deep learning model (using Amazon SageMaker)
- Optimize the trained model to run on the AWS DeepLens edge device
- Develop an AWS Lambda function to load the model and use to run inference on the video stream
- Deploy the AWS Lambda function to the AWS DeepLens device using AWS Greengrass
- Wire the edge AWS Lambda function to the cloud to send commands and receive inference output
We hope this is a helpful blog to help you get started or move forward with your submission. Happy holidays!
If you have any questions about the hackathon, please post on the discussion forum.